First off, great news: Issue 06 of Coilhouse has finally gone to print. In just a few short weeks, it will be hitting bookstores and we’ll be unveiling it here on the site. WOOO HOOO. Finally. We’re already laying the groundwork for Issue 7, and a lot of other exciting projects are in the works. You’ll be hearing about all the latest developments in the months to come.
With all this newness happening, one thing has become clear: it’s time for a revamped website. The current version has just passed the four-year mark, and it’s served us well. But a lot has happened to the web in past four years: HTML5, higher screen resolutions, faster internet connections, the decline of Flash. We’d like to craft a beautiful new website that keeps up with the times: one that’s clean, usable, lightweight, and accessible. And for that… we need your input! And so, we’re conducting a brief survey. Please take the time to answer the questions below. You can answer partially, but the more information we have to go on, the better!
- Are there any new features you’d like to see on the site? (Ex. larger images, a search bar, ways to tweet/email/share each post)?
- Do you use the “Categories” section to browse through old posts? Should it remain prominent in the new design?
- Generally, what are some websites and blogs you think have great design?
- For comments: should we stick with WordPress comments, or go with Disqus?
- Any annoying trends we should avoid? Anything you like about this version of the site that we should keep?